What can YOU say in six sentences?
1. Watching mom feathering her hair, dancing to Prince's "When Doves Cry", me thinking, She's so b-U-tiful.
2. Running barefooted after the ice cream man to buy Otter Pops (Alexander the Grape, my personal fave), a Pavlovian response upon hearing the scratched recording of "Pop Goes the Weasel".
3. Twitchy looking man coming up to dad and I at the gun range, asking to use my dad's .45, my dad encouraging him, giving him pointers in a voice soft as velvet while holding a 9 mm behind his back, just in case.
4. Great-grandmother talking about coming through Ellis Island, seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time.
5. Having a coffee on the shore of Loch Ness, surrounded by misty mountains, sure that under the glassy lake a yellow-eyed prehistoric monster watched, waited for me to dip a toe in.
6. Washing a man's jaundiced body, changing his soiled sheets as he laughed about his family, raged about his family, cried over his family whose absence made his last hospital room feel as crowded as if they had actually been there.