What can YOU say in six sentences?
I came in through a break in the fence by the building, and I had to scrunch down and snake my way through just a bit, and I made it inside--and the reek in the yard just up and jammed itself right down my throat.
The devil has dibs on that odor when mankind is done, and what foul things are they that crawl up the assholes of drunks, and rot in their guts in this bar?
I had to breathe through my mouth, clear my head just a little, and check out the…Continue
She slowly savored her last sip of coffee and gazing out over the city she thought, what a beautiful day to die. She had laid the gun carefully beside her on the towel after a thorough cleaning and buffing, then loaded it with those new shinny bullets she had found in his top dresser drawer. The gun had been used, just as she had, and the chill of it's metal barrel felt in harmony with the coldness in her heart.
How often, she wondered, does one develop simpatico with an inanimate…Continue
Crooked Red fled by way of game trails, hauling bags of Spanish silver. The shabby pony wheezed and stamped, huffing molten breath and marking clumsy steps with bloody hoof prints. The thieves of Corinth would not have them, nor would the starving saints of Scholastica. In haste, Red dared hollow mountains, roving caves of lime that gleamed like Roman coffers. Atop the reach, squinting through gales of whistling sleet, Red met a Hessian in the dark; the embers of his corncob pipe curled in…Continue
He was left for dead twice in twelve hours.
Wind like the screaming of all the world's dead and the cold invaded him breath by breath and he lay wondering if he would ever see the sky burn over Texas again, that curious little bend in the corner of his wife's mouth, his son wobble away on his rebellious bicycle. He spoke desperate encouragement to Yasuko, granite words, or so he thought until he saw the wind blow them over the edge of the shelf and down into…Continue
Can't be arsed typing it all again ... so ...
I will add:
1. There may be a few you can trust, but most you cannot, play it safe ... trust no-one.
2. Everybody lies. (House got that from me.)
3. Treat all religions as if they were nitro-glycerine.
Poor lady night ,deaths imprisoned mistress so pale compared to the day, his true radiant wife.
Day hesitates not, proudly she reveals the fluids,viscera and decay of her dark consorts occupation.
Night, the handmaiden only, reflects her mistresses light in hiding deaths handiwork with but the hue of her face the pale moonlight.
Her beauty never dims but to the fickle suitors of earth her face, the moon, seems to wax and wane in a coy show.
She is the witness to…Continue
We are weak, we are inferior, and we cannot compete--why!
As teenagers we hated to get out of bed, were allowed to complain about everything, had grades that were not bad for having parents that were lost, sometimes lazy, and did not accomplish us. We now have children of our own that are weak, inferior, and will not be able to compete because? We slog through mornings, sleep late on Sundays, and have no enriching activities that exercise our bodies, minds, and win us…Continue
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son," offered up to suffer humiliation and torture for the soul's edification.
When Charles Darwin's daughter, Annie, died at age ten, he wrote, "We have lost the joy of the household, and the solace of our old age."
The fruit of the tree of knowledge is sour even as it lifts us up in flight. The ocean's surf speaks in the same voice as the wind across the mountains or the blare of sirens announcing…Continue
1. There are three sides to every story or situation- mine, yours and the truth; I have learned to see them all.
2. Hyper-focused is hyper-stupid; tend to your life, your soul, and their many patches... not just one plot.
3. My children are always watching and silently learning how to be better people from me; and my words and actions are tools to their life box.
4. Making love and laughing is free; a good job and being successful is great, but don't die without…Continue
Zhaczh led the men with him to a small corner bar on a narrow side street maybe three blocks up from the river; on Earth I might have called it Last Stop Before Detox, though it didn't appear that this place had a name.
It might not have needed a name: outside the bar, clustered on either side of the door, some 25 whores of all ages and stripes paraded themselves in front of a fairly thick crowd of men that, for the most part, stood a bit back as their eyes pinned the women, some…Continue
1. Never, ever open a freelance check while sitting in your car and exclaim, "All RIGHT, $2,309!" because your car will immediately break down to the exact tune of the amount on the freelance check (yes, I said exact.)
2. All running shoes will eventually go over to the dark side, and no amount of Dr. Scholl's spray or baking soda will remove the demonic odor that has no name.
3. As soon as you leave a fishing spot on a lake after having caught…Continue
1. If I stay silent people assume I'm intelligent.
2. My children continue to amaze, delight and educate me throughout their adult lives.
3. When friendships wither and die they can and should be discarded without conscience.
4. Sometimes, with prints or writings at least, the point at which one believes it is a failure is where new ideas develop from to take me in more successful and unanticipated directions.
5. What other people think of me is irrelevant unless…Continue
Once in a while I’ve wondered what David Frye was up to.
Frye was the master impressionist in the days of Presidents Johnson and Nixon, Watergate and the Vietnam War.
His Richard Nixon was a more truthful version of the resident in the White House, because it admitted what the real Nixon never would. Although he was a brilliantly talented mimic, after Nixon’s resignation Frye faded from view.
“My administration has taken crime out of the…Continue
One should be careful not to confuse another's failure with his own victory.
Everyone else is just as scared and confused as you are, and the less they seem to be, the more they are.
A sly smile and good manners will take you anywhere you want to go.
If you can laugh off insults, you win.
All rules are made up, laws are just opinions of how to keep safe, and theories are bandages to help curious people sleep at night; they are…Continue
Stick up for yourself because if you don’t, nobody else will.
Stay loyal to your family and few friends no matter what the temptation.
Don’t take shit from anyone, yet know when to back off and forgive…and don’t hold grudges.
Maintain a positive work ethic; it follows you wherever you go.
Choose to feel good; it works!
Eat well and learn to cook!
Where Dirty Words Came From
Take the Anglo-Saxon dirties, shit, piss, and fuck.
Now consider their Latinate equivalents: feces, urine, and fornicate.
You can utter the latter three words in front of the Queen and never a word will be said; spew out the others and you'll get your mouth scrubbed with soap.
In 1066, the Norman William the Conqueror, a speaker of Latinate French, kicked ass at the Battle of Hastings, put the Anglos' dicks in…Continue
She waited until his video game character died, and acted quickly enough to snare his attention before he could select "Continue."
"What if ..." she bit her lip, a nervous trait she'd developed, but also an effort to amplify her cuteness, here, "I told you that ... I dunno ... I've kind of got Baby Fever?"
He stared quizzically back at her, glossy, narrowed red eyes numbly scanning her as if searching for the remainder of her statement, and then burst out…Continue