Get ready for something AWESOME
! Something INCREDIBLE
! Something that will show your work in a whole new light!
Get ready for THE 6S SUMMER FILM FESTIVAL
[insert WILD APPLAUSE SOUND here]
Okay, ARE YOU READY? Here's the deal...
To be part of the fun, make a short video of a "SIX" and enter it for your chance to win the $100 Grand Prize
! (And if the video is of your
SIX, you'll win an extra $25 Writer's Bonus
The style of your video can be ANYTHING YOU LIKE
- it's completely up to YOU
. Use your creativity & imagination. You can simply read your own six, read someone else's (either on camera or via voiceover), DANCE a six, stage a scene, interpret
a six, use professional actors, use your friends, family & pets, use puppets - THE SKY'S THE LIMIT
You can make a video of ANY SIX
. That includes sixes on the original site
, sixes here in the Network, and sixes from any of the print anthologies. There are literally THOUSANDS
to choose from.
If someone makes a video of YOUR six, and the video wins the contest, you'll win the $25 Writer's Bonus prize. If you make a video of your own six and it wins the contest, you'll take home the $100 Grand Prize PLUS the $25 Writer's Bonus!
Some Helpful Festival Guidelines:
- Your video must be no shorter than 6 seconds (0:06), and no longer than 2 minutes and 6 seconds (2:06).
- You can upload your video to any site you like (YouTube, Vimeo, Viddler, etc.), then upload it here in the Network. (Once it's here in the Network, you'll need to post a link to it, right here in this Forum Post.)
- The deadline to upload your video is 6pm EST on Saturday, July 31st.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, August 6th!
Okay, I know this is a lot to understand in one sitting, but don't worry! I'll be providing lots of updates, and answering all questions right here in this Forum Post.
THE OFFICIAL ENTRY PAGE IS HERE
! (Once you upload your work in our VIDEOS section and link to it here in the comments, I'll make sure it's added to THE OFFICIAL ENTRY PAGE
(The first video update is HERE!)
(To watch the video, click HERE!)